TOHS Physical & Athletic Clearance Information
The clearance process MUST be completed BEFORE your child will be able to tryout, practice, or play. Coaches should not allow athletes to participate in tryouts or practices until cleared. Any student who wishes to participate in any sport must follow these steps:
Get a Physical or Sports Clearance from any doctor.
Print Athletic Clearance/Physical Form here.
- Parents must fill out the top of the form completely and sign in the middle section.
- The Physical/Sports Clearance Form must be SIGNED and DATED by a medical practitioner.
- Physicals/Sports Clearances are valid for 12 months from the date of the exam.
**IMPORTANT—Students must have an online profile for EACH SPORT they wish to participate in during the school year. Clearance for one sport does not mean the student is cleared for every sport. Make sure to check the boxes for each sport in which the student is interested. One account can be used to create clearances for multiple students, sports, and school years so be sure to remember your login information. If you need further assistance, view the tutorial video in the top right corner of the home page titled “Need Help?”
- Create an online account at athleticclearance.com and click on the California icon. Click on the “Register” button. All communication regarding clearances will be sent to the email used to create the account.
- Complete the Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Information, and Signature sections. Click “Save” or “Submit” at the end of each section to save your work and move to the next.
- Upload the completed and signed Physical/Sports Clearance Form
- Scan/photograph the Physical/Sports Clearance Form and the front side of the athlete’s medical insurance card
- Upload Physical/Sports Clearance Form under Upload Physical Form and the insurance card under Proof of Insurance by clicking “Choose File” buttons.
- CLICK SAVE!
- If you need to update the physical at a later time or edit a section that is already completed, click on the “Pencil” icon in the desired column (see below).
CURRENT TOHS ATHLETES ADDING ANOTHER SPORT OR UPDATING TO A NEW YEAR:
Update your current online account on athleticclearance.com by following the steps below. Do not create a new account or profile.
- Access your account at athleticclearance.com using the same log-in email and password.
- Click “Start Clearances Here” and select the correct school year; Thousand Oaks HS; Sport. Click “Submit.”
- Click the name of your student from the drop-down menu.
- Review each section and complete any that do not autofill.
- If the Physical/Sports Clearance has expired, see #4 above. Please REPLACE the expired Physical.
Despite a confirmation message that you have completed the registration, the athlete is NOT cleared. Clearance forms are reviewed regularly by the Athletic Department throughout the year. You will receive an email with a clearance confirmation that will either clear your student-athlete for the season or let you know why they are not cleared. The Athletics Department cannot upload forms for parents.
Print Athletic Clearance.com Instructions here
Player Parent Athletic Information Packet– click here to download packet
If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please call the athletic office at 805-495-7491. We appreciate all the support you provide our student-athletes.
Details to remember:
- The physical exam is valid for 12 months from the date of the exam.
- Students are not eligible to practice or participate in any sport or activity until all digital forms are completed and the physical and proof of medical insurance is uploaded to AthleticClearance.com.
- Athletic Office will not fax or email forms to/from parents or doctors.
PLEASE NOTE: Any student who has transferred to TOHS in the 12 months prior to a season must contact the Athletic Director.